Introduction


 The term "snowflake" did not originate with the Right.  Coined originally by Chuck Palahniuk in his novel, Fight Club, it gained momentum among the Left, a way of criticizing its own for being too sensitive, too easily outraged and too entitled.1


There is no realm quite as surreal as the Internet. Rife with safe spaces, trigger warnings, and political correctness, it's any wonder that anyone can express a viewpoint contrary to popular opinion. Expressing oneself plainly often leads to argument-shutdown labels: racist; white supremacist; misogynist; homophobe; Trumpeter; Christian fanatic.... sinner; heathen; bigot; misandrist; Demoncrap; atheist scum; hater.

You will find some of my viewpoints contrary to popular opinion. I do use labels to point out poor behavior. I make no apology for offending you. I express my thoughts freely, attacking the idea or concept behind it. Do not confuse that with attacking the person themselves.

I have protested shit, seen shit, experienced shit, and jumped into street wars with shit long before the majority of my younger readers were born. I believe in equality for all races. I am an old school feminist. I loathe Trump and the Trump-loyal politicians in power. I am an atheist.

I am also a Republican.

GASP!

I do not believe anyone deserves special rights or recognition (or even acceptance) for what they identify as, how they dress, what faith they ascribe to, how they behave, what their gender is, who they love, what they wear, what their socioeconomic level is, what political beliefs they hold, or what offends them. This includes my fellow Republicans. No one is entitled to anything beyond life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. If those three things strip away the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of someone else, you're doing it wrong. 

It's this belief that drives me.  It is why I shred atheists that find it amusing to spit on people of faith, and why I'll go for the throat when some nutjob fundy abuses the bible as a weapon to attack people. It allows me to take a stand for free speech even if I don't like what I'm hearing (and provided it isn't hate speech). It's why I call out bad or harmful behavior.  After all, Hannity has a right to free speech but anything he says is open to criticism by me.

It's also how I can remain a Republican but refuse to embrace the Trump party's mantras.

This blog is not a safe space. I don't care if you are triggered. Consider it your awakening. I'll delete your comments if you can't remain civil - you have no free speech here. If you read something here that makes you so butthurt that you'll tweet storm or blog about it, drop me the link so I can moan and roll around in all the delicious attention you bring me.




______________________________________________
1. Hooten, Christopher (2017, January). Chuck Palahniuk takes credit for ‘snowflake’ term, thinks the Left needs to get its sh*t together. Retrieved from independent.co.uk

Comments